Eliminate wrinkles and let your smile shine!
Over time our hair, skin and teeth begin to show signs of aging. This is often caused by our skin naturally losing elasticity which then results in wrinkles and fine lines. Additional factors like stress and smoking can further contribute, often making you look older and more tired. For this reason Dr Brian Gnesin has completed a course with the Australasian Academy of Dento-Facial Aesthetics (AADFA) to provide patients with anti-wrinkle injections and lip enhancements. Dento-facial aesthetics aims to look at the whole picture which includes looking at the muscles surrounding the mouth and not just stopping at the teeth.
Anti wrinkle injections are used to treat:
- Glabella lines
- Forehead lines
- Crow’s feet
Anti-wrinkle injection softens and relaxes these lines and minor imperfections aiming to give you a more youthful appearance. In as little as thirty minutes Dr Gnesin can relax these wrinkle-causing muscles. More so anti-wrinkle injections are relatively affordable, compared to other more extensive cosmetic procedures and are suitable to a majority of skin types with no down time.
The wrinkle relaxers are made up of a purified protein that is administered through the skin with extremely fine needles. This protein works by blocking the nerve impulses that connect to muscle fibres and reducing their activity. This relaxes the muscle and results in the fine lines and wrinkles softening and becoming less visible. Results typically take effect between 3 to 14 days and usually last for 3 to 6 months.
Anti-wrinkle treatments have been one of the world’s safest and most convenient treatments for over 25 years, becoming the ultimate non-surgical option. Not only can anti-wrinkle treatments treat more than minor skin imperfections, they also aim to treat excessive sweating, migraine headaches and muscle spasms.
What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers consist of Hyaluronic Acid (HA), which provide predictable and obvious results with few side effects. Hyaluronic Acid is naturally present in our skin, eyes and joints. Like collagen and elastin, the Hyaluronic Acid is lost as we get older, resulting in a loss of support and volume for the skin which often causes grooves, sagging and lines on the face. Hyaluronic Acid also proves to be very hydrating and can often improve the condition of the skin. Dermal fillers aim to restore volume and smooth out various lines and depressions to regain a more youthful appearance. Dermal fillers are used for the lower half of the face. For example LIPS.
Are dermal fillers / anti-wrinkle injections safe?
Anti-wrinkle injections are non-invasive solutions that are safe and quick to administer. It is imperative to seek treatment from a qualified practitioner like Dr Gnesin. There is often the misconception with anti-wrinkle injections that you will lose all facial expression. If treatment is carried out correctly this should not be the case.
What are the benefits of dermal fillers / anti-wrinkle injections?
There are many benefits that our patients may receive from anti-wrinkle injections that may include:
- Reduce Frown Lines (formally known as Glabella)
- Reduces appearance of Crow’s Feet and crinkles in the skin
- Reduce Smoker’s, Perioral and Marionette Lines
- Successfully treats facial and nerve paralysis
- Can dramatically relieve migraine headaches
- Can effectively reduce excessive sweating
- There is no down – or recovery time
- It is a non-invasive procedure
- It is a quick treatment and affordable compared to other cosmetic procedures
- Significantly reduces the visible signs of aging
- Applied by exceptionally trained practitioners
- Fillers only needs to be maintained once or twice a year while anti wrinkle injections more often
What areas can be treated?
- Surprise lines (forehead creases)
- Frown lines (glabella and creases between the eyebrows)
- Crow’s feet (crinkles on the side of the eyes)
- Bunny crunches (lines on the bridge of the nose, often caused by squinting)
- Frown lines around the mouth (downturned lines on the corners of the mouth)
- Smoker’s lips (lines between the upper lip and under the nose)
- Gummy smiles (excessive exposure of the upper gum when smiling)
- Canine Smiles (when the lower lip pulls down when smiling)
- Saggy jawlines: (can be used to treat aging skin and slack facial muscles under the jaw)
If you would like to book a consultation with Dr Gnesin please contact reception on 02 9327 6162. For more information, please consult our frequently asked questions page here.